2015 Argonne Employee Picnic
The Argonne employee picnic is scheduled to take place Saturday, July 18, 2015, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Argonne Park.
A day of games, prizes, music, food and fun is planned. Employees are asked to review the below park rules and safety reminders.
The Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA) will hold a raffle during the picnic. Tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for $5. Win two round-trip airline tickets and other prizes.
Argonne Park Rules
- Children using playground equipment should be supervised by an adult.
- No glass bottles are permitted in Argonne Park and no pets are permitted in Argonne Park.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted at Argonne Park only if they are provided by Sodexo/Marriott.
- Fires must be built only in grills (not provided), and trash must be placed in containers (provided).
- Argonne Park closes at dusk. No one is allowed in the park after closing. Vehicles may not be left in the park overnight.
- Guests driving motor vehicles outside established parking spaces/areas is not permitted.
- Be weather wise.
- Check weather conditions in advance of the picnic and monitor weather conditions during the event. If tornados or severe thunderstorms threaten, an email alert will be sent, text-message status updates will be sent to phones using “Argonnestatus” Twitter account, and the Argonne Info-Line (632-252-INFO) will be updated.
- Wear sunglasses, a hat and sunscreen. Remember to reapply sunscreen throughout the day.
- Drink plenty of water to stay well-hydrated.
- Apply insect repellent before you leave home and reapply regularly.
- Avoid wearing perfume, cologne and bright colored clothing because bright colors and perfumes may attract stinging insects.
- Be alert for uneven and slippery areas in the park. Take your time to avoid tripping.
- For emergencies call 630-252-1911 from a cell phone, 911 from a land-line.
Interested volunteers can sign-up with VolunteerSpot, a third-party application, to choose the activity with which they would like to help, specify their preferred time slot and select a size for their volunteer T-shirt.
Time slots are one hour each, but people are welcome to sign up for more than one.