IT Maintenance Weekend: Aug. 28-30
The next maintenance weekend will occur from 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 28, through 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 30, 2015.
The planned activities for the weekend include the following:
- Argonne business systems and web applications may be unavailable throughout the duration of the maintenance weekend.
- Email service is expected to remain unaffected.
- Network outages of one minute or less will occur Saturday, Aug. 29, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Short wireless network outages may occur throughout the weekend.
- In the event telephone land-lines are not working, emergencies can still be reported via 1-630-252-1911 from a cell phone during the maintenance weekend.
All services are expected to be online and available before the start of business on Monday, Aug. 31.
Employees who experience any problems after this maintenance window are asked to restart the affected computer. If problems persist, employees should contact the Argonne Service Desk at ext. 2-9999, option 2.
Computing and Information Systems (CIS) recognizes that the reliability and performance of Laboratory Information Technology (IT) resources is essential to our ability to carry out our scientific mission.
Like the rest of the laboratory infrastructure, these systems require periodic maintenance, replacement and upgrades. To meet the goal of providing secure and reliable IT systems, CIS schedules four maintenance weekends each year.
During these maintenance weekends, many of the services (i.e. email, wired and wireless networking, business applications, etc.) provided by CIS may be affected and there should be no expectation that any IT services will be available.