2015 U.S. Troops Collection Drive Report
The Argonne Club, in partnership with the Lemont Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Honor Post 5189, sponsored a collection drive for overseas U.S. troops in November. Four gurneys filled with donated goods were delivered to the Lemont VFW.
The Lemont VFW will use the Argonne donations to create special Christmas gift packages for the U.S. troops overseas.
Argonne’s five military ambassadors for the drive extend their heartfelt thanks to the Argonne community for the generous support:
- Wendy L. Anderson (OCF), U.S. Navy, Electronics Technician, Second Class
- Terrence Aylesworth (GSS), U.S. Navy Lieutenant
- Allan Scott Dunlop (IAD), U.S. Navy Captain, Emergency Preparedness Liaison Officer
- Scott J. Thomas (FMS), U.S. Army, Forward Artillery Observer
- Tod Toter (FMS), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 12N Heavy Equipment Operator
The U.S. military issues personal items only once to soldiers. Soldiers are then expected to provide these common items for themselves. Often it is difficult for soldiers to obtain personal items such as deodorant, shampoo or toothbrushes in a combat zone. These items are greatly needed by our troops.
VFW Post 5819 has been in Lemont for more than 60 years. It serves Lemont and surrounding communities by giving back to the veterans of the U.S. military.