IT maintenance weekend: Dec. 4-6
The next IT maintenance weekend will occur 5 p.m., Friday, Dec. 4, through 5 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 6, 2015. The planned activities for the weekend include the following:
- All Argonne business systems and web applications will be unavailable throughout the duration of the maintenance weekend.
- Voicemail will be unavailable Friday, Dec. 4, between 5-7 p.m.
- Microsoft SharePoint access will be intermittent from 5 p.m., Friday, Dec. 4, through 7:30 a.m., Saturday, Dec 5.
All services are expected to be online and available before the start of business at 7:30 a.m., Monday, Dec. 7.
Employees who experience any problems after this maintenance window are asked to restart the affected computer. If problems persist, employees should contact the Argonne Service Desk at ext. 2-9999, option 2.
- Email and internet access is expected to remain unaffected.
- In the event telephone land-lines are not working, emergencies can still be reported via 1-630-252-1911 from a cell phone during the maintenance weekend.
Computing and Information Systems (CIS) recognizes that the reliability and performance of Laboratory Information Technology (IT) resources is essential to our ability to carry out our scientific mission.
Like the rest of the laboratory infrastructure, these systems require periodic maintenance, replacement and upgrades. To meet the goal of providing secure and reliable IT systems, CIS schedules four maintenance weekends each year.
During these maintenance weekends, many of the services (i.e. email, wired and wireless networking, business applications, etc.) provided by CIS may be affected and there should be no expectation that any IT services will be available.