Call for WIST Program Initiator (WPI)
Deadline to apply is Feb. 20, 2016
The Argonne Women in Science and Technology (WIST) program is currently accepting applications for the position of WIST Program Initiator (WPI). The WPI facilitates WIST activities under the guidance of the WIST Steering Committee.
Duties of the WPI include:
- Serving as principal organizer of women’s career conferences at Argonne
- Serving as central point of contact and facilitator of all WIST-related programs
- Promoting involvement of women and Argonne staff in educational and performance development programs
- Working with Human Resources (HR) and the laboratory’s Leadership Institute to identify trends and opportunities in the hiring, development, and inclusion of women
- Promoting networking activities among women and between other Argonne technical staff
- Identifying and developing career development, education and outreach programs in partnership with HR, the Leadership Institute and laboratory-wide diversity and inclusion activities
The WPI is a role that presents additional duties to the employee’s current position.
For more information about the position and WIST, please contact Cristina Negri at ext. 2-9662.
Interested employees should review the position and apply online prior to Feb. 20, 2016, to requisition #2331 found under the Internal Applicant job listings.
In the cover letter, please include the following information:
- Your qualifications for the role based on the WIST WPI position description (limit this to 1-2 pages)
- Why you are interested in the WIST WPI position
Established in 1990, the WIST program supports the laboratory’s goal of scientific and engineering excellence through a diverse workforce. WIST activities such as Science Careers in Search of Women (SCSW) and Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (IGED) seek to encourage young women to pursue careers in science, engineering and technology. WIST programs also promote equity within Argonne and the success of women in scientific and technical positions.