Top 3 tips to prevent shoulder and knee pain
- Exercise and strengthen the muscles that support these joints (unless your physician says otherwise)
- Stretch before you exercise
- Remember: “No pain, no gain” is a myth
Learn how to prevent common knee and shoulder pain through stretching during an interactive, 20-mintue class led by Physical Therapist Assistant Joni Garcia (HEW): “Preventing common shoulder and knee pain.” Class sessions will be held:
- April 4, 2016, 11:35 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. in Bldg. 213 Bistro, Conference Rms. A&B
- April 7, 2016, 12:15 p.m., Bldg. 201, Rm. 190 A/B
Participants are encouraged to bring an exercise mat. Chairs will be provided for those who don’t have a mat or prefer to sit. You will learn how to decrease your risk of injury with simple stretching and strengthening techniques. You won’t sweat much, but you will learn skills to help you on a daily basis.
Information about additional classes in the 20-Minute Interactive Exercise and Injury Prevention series is available on Argonne Today.
Participants will earn 100 Virgin Pulse points for attending this course. Virgin Pulse points count towards Argonne’s Incentivized Wellness Program.