Four Argonne entries named finalists for 2016 R&D 100 Awards
Four Argonne entries have been named finalists for the 2016 edition of the R&D 100 Awards, which identify and celebrate the top technology products of the year. R&D 100 Awards honor the 100 most noteworthy and significant new products and services of the previous 12 months. The finalists are:
- Highly Sensitive Sensor for Distributed Methane Leak Detection from Ralu Divan and team (NST) in partnership with the University of Illinois-Chicago, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Metal-Organic-Framework Embedded Nanofibrous Catalyst from DJ Liu (CSE)
- NekCEM/Nek5000: Scalable High-Order Simulation Codes from Misun Min and team (MCS) in partnership with the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (Paul Fischer)
- Novel Hard X-ray Scanning Microscope with Multilayer Laue Lens Nanofocusing Optics from Deming Shu (XSD) in partnership with Brookhaven National Laboratory
Winners will be announced as part of the 2016 R&D 100 Awards & Technology Conference on Nov. 2-4, 2016, in Oxon Hill, Maryland.
An additional four Argonne entries were not named finalists:
- CONVERGE Version 2.3: Computational Fluid Dynamics Software from Sibendu Som (ES) in partnership with Convergent Science
- High-Efficiency Modular Thermal Energy Storage System for Concentrating Solar Power from Dileep Singh (ES)
- Horizon Field Emission Electron Sources Based on Ultrananocrystalline Diamond from Ani Sumant (NST) in partnership with Euclid Labs
- Stress Corrosion Crack Locating System from Zuotao Zeng and Saurin Majumdar (NE)
“All of the Argonne entrants, whether finalists or not, are to be congratulated for their innovative work,” said Suresh Sunderrajan, Director of Technology Development and Commercialization. “Argonne makes it a point to support entries that have real technical merit, so just being nominated is an accomplishment in itself.”
Submitting entries in awards programs provides opportunity for increased exposure for Argonne researchers and technologies that can support future commercialization efforts.
For information on how to submit an entry for future R&D 100 Awards or other awards programs, visit TDC’s Awards Management page on Inside Argonne or contact Stephanie Teran, TDC Operations Manager, at ext. 2-7650.