IEEE publishing and research workshops
The Argonne Research Library is sponsoring two workshops presented by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) on Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017. Both sessions are free. There will also be a lunchtime expo with demonstrations and giveaways.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Argonne’s Library subscribes to the IEEE Xplore digital library. In 2016, over 21,000 IEEE articles were downloaded from Xplore by Argonne scientists and engineers. Argonne researchers have published over 150 papers in IEEE publications in the last two years.
Session 1: How to get published with the IEEE
10 – 11:30 a.m., Bldg. 212, Room A-157
- Tips on how to select an appropriate IEEE periodical or conference, organize your manuscript and work through peer view
- How successful IEEE authors structure quality work to improve their chances of being accepted
- Insights into what editors look for in a submission and why editors and reviewers reject papers
- How to avoid common mistakes and ethical lapses that will prevent your manuscript from being accepted
- Tools and resources to help authors through the publishing process including IEEE’s AuthorLab, Publication Recommender, Graphics Checker and Reference Preparation Assistance
- Strategies for using IEEE Xplore effectively for a literature review, including how to stay up-to-date on the latest research using saved search alerts and downloading citations into bibliographic management databases
Contact Mary Straka to register for this free session. Light refreshments will be served.
IEEE Lunch Expo
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Bldg. 213, Cafeteria Manganese space
IEEE Xplore demos; IEEE giveaways and training materials
Session 2: Techniques for effective searching with IEEE
2 – 3 p.m., Bldg. 212, Room A-157
- Best practices for searching IEEE Xplore
- Setting up Xplore alerts