Volunteers needed for Regional Middle School Science Bowl Academic Competition
Argonne’s Educational Programs is seeking volunteers to help with their annual Regional Middle School Science Bowl Academic Competition on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017, at the Bldg. 402 APS Auditorium. Students from local middle schools will compete in the “Jeopardy” style competition starting at 8 a.m.
There are volunteer opportunities for both STEM and non-STEM professionals. Volunteers will receive a light breakfast and lunch the day of the event.
Volunteer roles include:
- Judges (must have STEM background)
- Moderators (must have STEM background)
- General volunteer (runners, registration, way finders, etc.)
Volunteer registration is required and volunteers must be available to attend at least one of the two training sessions.
Training will be held on:
- Tuesday, Jan. 31, from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 2, from 10:30 a.m.-noon
For more information on the Science Bowl, visit the Educational Programs website.
Thank you and we hope to see you at our Science Bowl Competition.