Call for Entries: 2017 R&D 100 Awards
The visibility and recognition from these awards is known to be of value to inventors, to Argonne’s technology transfer efforts, and to the lab’s reputation as a whole.
Since 2009, Argonne has won 24 of these prestigious awards recognized by both industry and government as significant accomplishments.
Partnership between the R&D Divisions, TDC, and the Communications, Education and Public Affairs (CEPA) Division in developing strong submissions has been integral to Argonne’s past success — we hope to continue that partnership this year.
R&D 100 Awards are presented annually by R&D magazine to identify the 100 most technologically significant new products or licensable technologies of the prior year. The R&D 100 Awards are highly valued and widely publicized by Argonne and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and are featured in a special edition of R&D magazine. All of the DOE labs are prominently involved in the award competition.
In brief, an R&D 100 Award candidate project must (1) represent an important technical advancement, (2) involve an industry partner, and (3) the technology or product must have been available for order or licensing in 2015.
The Entry Process
- Review the R&D 100 website, particularly the FAQ tab. Take note of eligibility requirements.
- Contact Stephanie Teran (TDC) at ext. 2-7650 to express interest and learn more about award submission support that is available.
- Have your division leadership sign the Divisional Approval Form (available from Stephanie Teran).
- Decide what level of support you want from CEPA for your award submission. Obtain approval from your division leadership to incur expenses for R&D entry costs and any editing assistance that you may need from CEPA. For information on various options contact Stephanie Teran.
- Confirm interest and participation with Stephanie Teran to be included in Argonne’s award group for the current year. This will ensure consistency across all Argonne entries and award submission on/before the due date for final entries.
Final entries are due on April 14, 2017. To meet this deadline, entry preparation should begin promptly.
For more information on preparing an award submission, please watch the JumpStart Series video “Technology Award Programs: Tips for Success.”