Town Hall meeting: ‘Progress and Prospects on the Future Argonne Clean Room’
Note: Date changed to Wednesday, March 29
Argonne research and development staff have the opportunity to learn about, discuss and propose new ideas for collaborative research at an Argonne Clean Room town hall meeting Wednesday, March 29, 2017, from 9 a.m. to noon in Bldg. 241, Room D-172. The town hall will include an overview of the newly constructed Argonne Clean Room, as well as presentations by several speakers who will identify potential collaborative projects that could make use of the new space.
- David Awschalom (IME) and Supratik Guha (NST) — Quantum Testbed
- Wai Kwok (MSD) — High-Temperature Superconducting Terahertz Detectors
- Allen Liao (NE) — Fiber Optic Acoustic Sensing
- Nino Miceli (XSD) — Transition Edge Sensors
- Stephen Padin (HEP) — CMB-S4/South Pole Telescope Project
- Angel Yanguas-Gil (ES) — Semiconductor Prototypes
Speakers will present short descriptions of their proposed work that will identify ways in which the new Argonne Clean Room will benefit their research, followed by a Q&A session. Light refreshments will be served.
All interested employees are welcome and encouraged to attend. For questions or if you are interested in presenting, contact Tom Cecil.