Workday Financials launches 3/27; some business systems will be interrupted
Starting Monday, March 27, 2017, Argonne will begin using Workday Financials, the laboratory’s cloud-based enterprise management system. Workday Financials will take the place of several legacy financial systems and give the laboratory a single source for financial data, allowing for more accurate, consistent and efficient data analysis, reporting and compliance.
Workday will be unavailable from Friday, March 17 at 5 p.m., until Monday, March 27 at 8 a.m. in order to migrate our financial data into the system.
For most employees, the impact of the move to Workday Financials will be minimal, with two important exceptions:
- With Workday, all effort and costs are associated to projects. The cost codes that employees specify in applications such as Dayforce, PARIS and XM will be translated to Workday project plan IDs.
- Once the data gathering is completed for the Workday Financials production build, the crosswalk of cost codes to project plan IDs will be available in the file Cost Code to Workday Project Plan ID Crosswalk.xlsx.
- The file Workday Project Plan ID Uses in Other Systems.pptx shows where the new project plan IDs are used in our other systems.
Both will be available no later than March 27 in the Workday Job Aids > Workday Financials How To folder on Box, accessible via the Workday page on Inside Argonne and via the Help icon on your Workday Home Page.
- Expenses related to local travel and personal reimbursement will be submitted in Workday rather than via the Request for Disbursement or Reimbursement (ANL-88). (Vendor reimbursements will continue to be submitted via the ANL-88.)
- The job aid Create Expense Reports.docx explains the new process.
- The video Create Expense Reports.mp4 demonstrates the new process.
- Both will be available no later than March 27 in the Workday Job Aids > Workday How To For Me folder on Box, accessible via the Workday page on Inside Argonne and via the Help icon on your Workday Home Page.
There will be some additional interruptions in services as Workday Financials rolls out:
- Dayforce will be unavailable from Wednesday, March 22, at noon until Monday, March 27, at 8 a.m.
(2 business days).
- SCOAR will be unavailable from Wednesday, March 22, at 2 p.m. until Monday, March 27, at 8 a.m.
(2 business days).
- Most other business applications will be unavailable from Friday, March 24, at 5 p.m. until Monday, March 27, at 8 a.m. (0 business days).