Workday Financials resources available on Inside Argonne
Workday Financials, the laboratory’s cloud-based enterprise management system, has launched. Workday Financials will take the place of several legacy financial systems and give the laboratory a single source for financial data, allowing for more accurate, consistent, and efficient data analysis, reporting and compliance.
For most employees, the impact of the move to Workday Financials will be minimal, with two important exceptions:
- With Workday, all effort and costs are associated to projects. The cost codes that employees specify in applications such as Dayforce, PARIS and XM will be translated to Workday project plan IDs.
- A chart for converting cost codes to project plan IDs is available in the file Cost Code to Workday Project Plan Crosswalk.xlsx.
- The file Workday Project Plan Uses in Other Systems.pdf shows where the new project plan IDs are used in our other systems.
Both files are available in the Workday Job Aids>Workday Financials How To folder on Box, accessible via the Workday page on Inside Argonne and via the Help icon on your Workday Home Page.
- Expenses related to local travel and personal reimbursement will be submitted in Workday rather than via the ANL-88 Xink form. (Vendor reimbursements will continue to be submitted via the ANL-88.)
- The job aid Create Expense Reports.docx explains the new process.
- The video Create Expense Reports.mp4 demonstrates the new process.
Both are available in the Workday Job Aids>Workday How To For Me folder on Box, accessible via the Workday page on Inside Argonne and via the Help icon on your Workday Home Page.