Safety share: Stop rushing, relax and save time
No need to rush through life. In fact, if can be harmful. Rushing can increase:
- Your stress level
- Your chance of having an accident
- Your workload due to the need for rework
Tips to stop rushing
- Take a little time to relax your mind before performing tasks.
- Create a reasonable to-do list.
- Change your behavior when you catch yourself rushing.
- Evaluate the need to perform each task and when it needs to be done.
- Be conscious of your actions.
This safety share, courtesy of Theresa Davis (HSE) provides additional tips on how to strike a positive balance. Please print this information and use it to help kick off a team discussion at your next meeting with colleagues and/or staff.
Each month a safety share submitted by an individual will be selected to receive a Spot Award for demonstrated safety leadership. The Spot Award program offers three award levels: gold ($100), silver ($50) and bronze ($25).