2017 Wellness and Safety Fair
The 2017 Wellness and Safety Fair, sponsored by Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) , will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Building 240 TCS Conference Center.
There will be a raffle, samples and door prizes. Also, help yourself to a slice of pizza! (There will be a limited number of vendor samples and door prizes.)
Health and Employee Wellness Program (HSE-HEW)
HEW will showcase their wellness, occupational health and physical therapy programs. Clinicians will be available to answer questions about these programs, as well as any questions concerning the new 2018 Incentivized Wellness Program “Strength and Stability” which focuses on joint and muscular health. Flu shots will be provided to those employees with appointments.
- 10-minute Sit and Stretch Classes. Physical Therapy Assistant Joni Garcia (HEW) will demonstrate simple stretches for the arms and legs that you can do at your workstation to stay fit and flexible. All participants earn 100 Virgin Pulse points. The class will run every 15 minutes during the health fair hours. Six Virgin Pulse Maxx devices will be raffled.
Worker Safety & Health Program (HSE-WSH)
WSH has partnered with Grainger and other leading industry vendors who will demonstrate the use, selection and evaluation of proper personal protective and ergonomic safety equipment. Vendors will be available to answer any questions you might have. Hanan Dimeas is the new Grainger on-site representative. You may contact her at (312) 898-3235 or via email.
Argonne Fire Department
Representatives from the Argonne Fire Department will be available to discuss Fire Safety. October is Fire Prevention and Safety Month. Learn ways to prevent home and work fires. The Fire Department will also raffle:
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide detector
Come and check out the following booths and activities
- A variety of vendors
- Argonne Child Development Center
- Argonne Sustainability Program
- Employee Safety and Health Committee
- Exercise Club
- Human Resources will be present to answer questions regarding available benefits and open enrollment.
- Perspectives Employee Assistance Program
- Running Club
- Sit with physical therapy personnel and learn how to Stretch At Your Desk while earning extra Virgin Pulse points.
- Sodexo catering services
- Yoga classes
Heartland will run a blood drive located just east of the conference center in the parking lot. Details about the blood drive are available in Argonne Today.
Walk-ins will be allowed based on availability. Appointments are preferred and encouraged! Schedule your preferred donation time today.
HEW will offer flu shots by appointment only at the fair. No walk-ins will be accepted. Schedule an appointment today.
Want to purchase something you see at the fair?
Representatives from OCF-Procurement will be available to help employees make purchases. If you see ergonomic, personal protective equipment or sustainable products that you would like to purchase, they will help direct your inquiry.