FY 2018 winter road closings
Under the Seasonal Closure Plan for roads and parking lots, several areas will be closed for the entire winter season while other areas will be cleared within a few days after the end of a winter storm. This information and a map are available on Argonne’s Winter Road Closings webpage.
All three of Argonne’s entrance gates will remain open according to their normal operating schedules during the winter season.
Areas that will remain closed during the entire winter season are as follows:
- The parking lot near Old Bluff Road north of Building 386
- The west half of the Building 440 west parking area
- Bluff Road north of Buildings 386, 360 and 362 parking areas and the driveway leading to the tennis courts and outdoor exercise area
- The north half of the Building 206 west parking lot
- The parking lot northwest of Building 350
- The gravel drive south of Buildings 372 and 373
- The 200 Area remote parking lot and access drive north of Building 205
- The Building 203 north parking lot central core area, north of Building 208 and south of Building 528
- Tech Road
- Street parking along the north side of Rock Road near Building 302 and the south side of Rock Road at Building 335
The following areas will be temporarily closed during winter storms. They will be cleared within a few days after the storm but will not be salted. Affected areas are:
- Water Tower Road
- The parking area east of Building 046
- Old Bluff Road east of Building 366
- Old Bluff road south of Building 595
- The APS overflow parking lot
- The Building 617 lower parking lot
- Railroad Drive south of Bluff Road
- Kearney Road north of Westgate Road
These roads and parking lots will remain closed until precipitation clears, the surfaces dry naturally and they are deemed safe to use.
Please obey all signage. Indication of tire tracks does not mean that a road or parking lot is open and accessible. Security, emergency or utility vehicles may bypass the barricades as necessary, but all others are prohibited from doing so. Driving around barricades may result in a Traffic Safety Violation ticket and/or disciplinary action. Barricades will be removed when the roads and parking lots have been cleared and are open for traffic.