Join the Argonne Running Club for their November fun run/walk on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017, at noon in the Building 203, Auditorium Lounge. The theme this month is Thanksgiving, so employees are encouraged to bring nonperishable food items to donate and be eligible for the raffle. There will be refreshments at the … Read More
Join C2ST for a program that explores unconscious gender bias, and how gender bias influences many aspects of life: from school to the workplace, government to social media and more. A panel of experts will discuss growing your awareness of gender bias, propose actionable solutions at the individual and societal levels, and take a … Read More »
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Nuclear and Plasma … Read More »
Everyone who works at the Argonne site will be contacted at their work and home email accounts, cell and home phones and by text message when the Argonne Alert System is tested Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017, at 9 a.m.
The Argonne Alert System is designed to inform employees and site occupants about time-sensitive and other … Read More »
The Leadership Institute will host the workshop “Inclusive Leadership – Connecting With Others” (ALI100) on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in Building 203, Room D120.
“This is one of our most requested workshops, and we consistently receive positive feedback from employees who attend it,” said Lisa Durham, Leadership Institute director. … Read More »
Argonne’s Outdoor Warning System and public address message was inadvertently activated at 10:15 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017. It was not a scheduled test, and there was no emergency.
June Ann Lena (FAC) received a Gold Spot Award for her successful implementation of a new tagging system in place on the loading dock for Buildings 223/241. Created by Ed Schmitt (PSE), this system manages the compressed gas cylinder inventory.
Managing the loading dock inventory for these cylinders has been a challenge ever since 2013 … Read More »
All employees are invited to participate in the fourth annual “Give it a Weigh for the Holidays,” a fun wellness program for the holidays that supports healthy living and charitable giving. Sponsored by Health and Employee Wellness (HEW), the program aims to help employees avoid holiday weight gain, while still enjoying this wonderful season.
This … Read More »
- Modeling the Milky Way in the Exascale Era: Challenges and OpportunitiesOctober 22 - 10:30 am
- A High-Quality Composite AxionOctober 23 - 10:30 am
- Neutrino Mistakes: Wrong Hints and Tracks, Hopes and FailuresOctober 23 - 12:00 pm
- BGU researchers join new workshop on water challenges and solutionsOctober 19, 2018
- Quantum technology: From sci-fi to reality with David Awschalom (Ep. 11)October 19, 2018
- Changing the Shape of a Zirconium NucleusOctober 16, 2018
- #ICYMI - @CRIstartup 's Demo Day showcases entrepreneur-national laboratory relationships - https://t.co/OfllvEyNay https://t.co/DElQABSzPu 8 hours ago
- Our annual call for proposals at the Center for Nanoscale Materials is now open! Have research interests in hierarc… https://t.co/TUPbKXlhTq 13 hours ago