Winter is coming
Winter weather is on the way. Now is the time to prepare so you’ll be safe and comfortable throughout the season.
- Wear appropriate winter footwear with gripping treads when walking outdoors. Bring your indoor shoes to work in a bag and watch for black ice on walkways.
- Report slippery spots on campus, indoors or outside, to email@example.com or call ext. 2-2582 so these areas can be immediately addressed.
- Keep a basic winter survival kit in your vehicle: ice scraper, blanket, flashlight, snacks, water, gloves, boots and first-aid kit.
- Give yourself additional driving time during your morning commute and take it slow on the road.
- Pedestrians should make sure vehicles have come to a complete stop before stepping into crosswalks. Slippery conditions can make breaking difficult.
Your safety is Argonne’s top priority.