Scientist Subramanian Sankaranarayanan (NST) will discuss his Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018. “Top-Down Design of Large-Area Monolayers of 2-D Materials” begins at … Read More
The Technology Commercialization and Partnerships Division and the Argonne Leadership Institute invite Argonne researchers to register for the Program Development Workshop Series, which will consist of nine 90-minute training sessions beginning Friday, Feb. 16, 2018, and concluding Friday, May 18, 2018.
The workshop series is aimed at:
Developing skills … Read More »
Argonne’s Operations Excellence Council (OEC) is a senior management forum focused on delivering leading-edge science, and developing a strong commitment to, and culture around, research and operational excellence throughout the laboratory. The council supports timely, transparent and effective decision-making on operational programs. It communicates customer feedback, needs and priorities, and reviews lab performance targets and … Read More »
The next JumpStart forum will focus on the ongoing effort to overhaul Inside Argonne and redesign key features of the laboratory’s public website. Project leaders will provide an overview of the project’s current status, the collaborative development process and next steps.
The meeting will be held Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018, at 1:30 p.m. in Building … Read More »
Argonne researchers are invited to participate in a one-day LDRD town hall hosted by the Computing, Environment & Life Sciences Directorate (CELS) to dive into pressing challenge areas that support U.S. Department of Energy mission needs. These critical areas include computing (simulation, data and learning), beyond Moore (neuromorphic and quantum), synthetic biology, and water and … Read More »
On December 28, 2017, Paul Apple (FAC) received a Gold Spot Award for his timely actions that stopped a water leak.
Apple was working at the Argonne Guest House when he spotted a sprinkler pipe that had become damaged due to freezing water and was spraying water into the boiler room. Apple immediately telephoned the … Read More »
Paul McEuen, John A. Newman Professor of Physical Science, Cornell University and director of the Kavli Instituute at Cornell for Nanaoscale Science, will present “Small Machines” at a Director’s Special Colloquium on Friday, Feb. … Read More »
Carl Crouthamel, who worked at Argonne from 1950 to 1985, died on Jan. 13, 2018, in Bothell, Washington, at the age of 97.
Crouthamel worked on the Manhattan Project at the University of Chicago before serving in the U.S. Navy during World War II. After the war, received his Ph.D. in inorganic chemistry and physics … Read More »
Through the CELS Program Development Training Series, Argonne scientists, engineers and researchers develop the tools and knowledge to innovate and champion leading science and new funding programs. Monthly sessions introduce participants to the principals of program … Read More »
John Carlisle, director of Chain Reaction Innovations (CRI), invites all Argonne employees, their family and friends to attend the finals pitch competition to select the second cohort. The event will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018, from noon to 5 p.m. in Building 240, Room 1404.
The competition will kick off with a welcome … Read More »
- Creating a Digital Twin of an Electric Utility: Reimagining Building Energy Modeling in a World of High-Performance Computing, Big Data, Imagery, and Advanced Metering InfrastructureSeptember 25 - 10:00 am
- The Host-Guest Interaction in Metal-Organic Frameworks: A Combined Spectroscopic StudySeptember 25 - 11:00 am
- Nuclear Physics Applications at the University of Notre DameSeptember 25 - 3:30 pm
- New Combustion Synthesis Research Facility heats up high-throughput manufacturing of nanomaterialsSeptember 21, 2018
- Argonne announces Flame Spray Pyrolysis process for commodity-scale manufacture of nanomaterialsSeptember 21, 2018
- Nanoparticles for improving smart-window energy efficencySeptember 21, 2018
- This will support Argonne’s David Awschalom on his proposal of the Generation and Remote Distribution of Quantum En… https://t.co/E20CI5SMkL 6 hours ago
- RT @CACMmag : More than 90 student interns conducted research with mentors at @Argonne this past summer. https://t.co/8wdFJowlzU https://t.c… 11 hours ago