Christopher Monroe, distinguished professor at the University of Maryland, Bice Zorn Professor of Physics and fellow of the Joint Quantum Institute, will present “Quantum Computing with Atoms” at a Director’s Special Colloquium … Read More
The National Safety Council recommends these tips to shovel safely:
Do not shovel after eating or while smoking. Take it slow and stretch out before you begin. Shovel only fresh, powdery snow; it’s lighter. Push the snow rather than lifting it. If you do lift it, use a small shovel or only partially fill the … Read More »
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has announced it will make up to $100 million in funding available for new projects as part of the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy’s (ARPA‑E) latest OPEN funding opportunity.
These awards will support early-stage research and development of potentially transformative energy projects.
“The Department of Energy plays a critical role … Read More »
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a call for applicants for Cohort 7 of the Energy I-Corps program.
DOE invests millions of dollars every year in the national labs, yet without industry engagement and a business mindset at the labs, that investment has limited economic return.
Energy I-Corps pairs teams … Read More »
Through the CELS Program Development Training Series, Argonne scientists, engineers and researchers develop the tools and knowledge to innovate and champion leading science and new funding programs. Monthly sessions introduce participants to the principals of program … Read More »
As a corrective action from the Electrical Common Cause Investigation chartered in March 2017, and feedback received from many employees, users, supervisors and independent reviewers, an Electrical Safety Manual has been developed. The Electrical Safety Committee commissioned a team to develop, review, revise and recommend a manual based on the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) … Read More »
Learn how to improve your fitness without risking injury at the “Eliminate and Prevent Back Pain” class Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018, at 12:15 p.m. in Building 402, Lower Gallery.
Led by Health and Employee Wellness Physical Therapist Assistant, Joni Garcia, participants will learn how to reduce their risk of back pain and eliminate back pain injuries … Read More »
- Probing Natural Supersymmetry with ISR: A Snapshot of Stop and Higgsino Searches at ATLASJanuary 23 - 11:00 am
- Non-Planar and Mixed-Dimensional Heterostructures for Conventional and Unconventional ComputingJanuary 24 - 11:00 am
- Ion Traps for Precision Experiments in Nuclear and Atomic Physics at TITANJanuary 25 - 11:00 am
- . @mbruozas @cylcogenesis_au and @jdomyancich at the Whale Arch in Utqiagvik, AK experiencing extreme temperatures o… https://t.co/yi9WestO3w 1 hour ago
- Argonne's John Domyancich lands in Utqiagvik to visit over 100 middle schoolers at Hopson Middle School to explore… https://t.co/ZOCFpHdHVS 3 hours ago