Register today for the Program Development Workshop Series
The Technology Commercialization and Partnerships Division and the Argonne Leadership Institute invite Argonne researchers to register for the Program Development Workshop Series, which will consist of nine 90-minute training sessions beginning Friday, Feb. 16, 2018, and concluding Friday, May 18, 2018.
The workshop series is aimed at:
- Developing skills that can improve Argonne researchers’ likelihood of success in winning proposals and building programs
- Providing researchers with information that will help them expand their participation in Argonne’s program development activities
Workshop topics include:
- Identifying challenges/problems that your research can address or solve
- How to identify and talk with the right people (i.e., potential collaborators and sponsors) to develop ideas
- Understanding what a sponsor wants/needs and creating winning proposals
For complete details, view the series agenda. The first 25 Argonne researchers who register will claim spots for the first series. Any registrants after the first 25 will be on a waiting list; the first 25 on the waiting list will reserve spots for the next series, which is planned for the second half of 2018. Participants are encouraged and expected to attend all workshops if possible.
All workshops will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Fridays in Building 201, Room 190 A/B.
Each workshop will include two to three Argonne researchers who will share their experiences with program development, as well as a facilitator/speaker either from Argonne mission support or from an organization other than Argonne.
The workshops will be interactive, including a mix of talks/presentations and discussions. Handouts and resources will be provided, and the sessions will be taped for sharing with other Argonne researchers who are interested in program development.
For questions, contact Alex Mitchell at ext. 2-5573.