Safety share: Top 5 snow blower tips
Here are the top 5 snow blower tips from the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons:
- If the blower jams, turn it off.
- Keep your hands away from the moving parts.
- Do not drink alcohol and use the snow blower.
- Be aware of the carbon monoxide risk of running a snow blower in an enclosed space.
- Refuel your snow blower when it is off, never when it is running.
All employees are encouraged to submit safety shares for inclusion in the Safety Share Library. Submission details are available on Inside Argonne.
Each month a safety share submitted by an individual will be selected to receive a Spot Award for demonstrated safety leadership. The Spot Award program offers three award levels: gold ($100), silver ($50) and bronze ($25).