Argonne’s 2017 STC Chicago award winner
BIS News, the newsletter for Business and Information Services (BIS) team members, was chosen to receive the award of excellence from the Society for Technical Communication (STC) Chicago Chapter competition. The society’s yearly competition recognizes excellence in creating and designing technical art and publications. The STC is an individual membership organization dedicated to advancing the arts and sciences of technical communication.
The Excellence Award honorees include the BIS News editorial board:
- Stu Hannay (BIS), senior director-chief information officer
- Mike Skwarek (BIS), deputy CIO and cyber security officer
- Cheryl Drugan (BTC), manager, BIS-Business and Technical Communications (BTC)
- Katherine Obmascik (BTC), managing editor
- Jack Schmidt (BIS), information technology process manager
- Yvette Woell (BIS), manager, Library and Information Management
Also honored were Graphics Artist Michele Nelson (CPA), as well as the subscriber list and distribution team: Frank Montagna (BIS) and Betty Waterman (CPA).
The STC competition offers peer reviews and evaluations by experienced technical communicators and acknowledges those entries that go beyond the basic tenants of good technical communication. All winners will be honored during the STC Chicago Chapter Recognition and Awards Banquet on Thursday, March 15, 2018. For more information contact BIS News.