I would like to provide a follow-up to my message on March 29, 2018, about improving our work planning, control and execution for continued success. To raise the level of focus for the needed improvement and attention on safe operations, I am establishing a new Work Planning and Control Project Office effective immediately. The office … Read More
The next JumpStart forum will focus on how the internet is transforming the way that scientists and humanities scholars are generating, communicating and evaluating new knowledge. Business and Technical Communications Lead Joseph E. Harmon (BIS) will discuss the transformative changes that are taking place with state-of-the-art examples drawn from “The Internet Revolution in the Sciences … Read More »
Greg Banks (AES) photographed this spotted salamander (Ambystoma maculatum) near Building 401. These amphibians usually make their homes in hardwood forests and are active at night, when they hunt for insects.
Don’t put away the winter coat and sensible treaded shoes just yet: along with rain, snow is possible again this week.
Rain is forecast today before a cold front sweeps in overnight and drops temperatures below freezing. The rain will likely change to snow before ending. Parking lots, sidewalks and building entrances are likely to … Read More »
- Argonne Arts and Crafts Club MeetingMay 29 - 12:00 pm
- Argonne Table Tennis Club MeetingMay 29 - 5:30 pm
- "Quantum-Sized" Metal Nanoparticles for Photochemical Energy ConversionMay 30 - 11:00 am
- #ICYMI - Meet 3 @CRIstartup innovators getting a lift from Argonne National Laboratory - https://t.co/ykVheQfZnz https://t.co/VpKDWSQfMK 3 hours ago
- Anirudha “Ani” Sumant has earned a research hat trick with his recent win of a TechConnect Innovation Award. Argonn… https://t.co/AkZWrbxh3I 16 hours ago