You, too, can be a BlueJeans power user
BlueJeans can help you save time and travel expenses by enabling you to join a meeting remotely. There are many resources to help you get up to speed with BlueJeans:
- BlueJeans application page on Inside Argonne — You will find links to quick-start, full-start, and account settings guides.
- User Success Portal — Shows you step-by-step how to schedule, join and manage meetings.
Joining a meeting from your computer
- From your computer, click on the meeting link from your calendar, email invitation or bluejeans.com meeting page.
- How would you like to participate?
- Select “Computer” to listen and talk through your computer.
- This option will give you the best quality audio.
- A headset with a microphone is recommended for most environments.
- BlueJeans gives you options for turning your camera and microphone on or off before joining the meeting and during the meeting.
- Select “Phone” if you prefer to use your phone for audio.
- Select the number to dial from the dropdown menu.
- Once dialed, enter the pairing code on your phone. Pairing merges your phone connection with your browser identity in the meeting.
How can I get help with BlueJeans?
If you are hosting a meeting with BlueJeans for the first time and you would like real-time support, add AVSupportService@anl.gov to your meeting notice. Describe the kind of meeting you are hosting (i.e., number of participants, number of locations, audio or video) in the meeting notice so the audio visual support person will be prepared. They will meet you at your venue 15 minutes before the start of your meeting.
If you have questions about BlueJeans, call the service desk at ext. 2-9999, option 2.
By Katherine Obmascik (BIS-BTC)