Computational neuroscience workshop
Argonne and Northwestern University will host a workshop on computational neuroscience on Friday, Aug. 31, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Building 240, Room 1416. The workshop’s goal is to develop stronger links to the neuroscience community at Northwestern and to bring respective researchers together to build new collaborations. The invitation is open to faculty, postdocs and graduate students at Northwestern University and Argonne staff.
The workshop will cover:
- Examples of ongoing research
- Computational resources at the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF)
- ALCF visit: Machine room and Visualization Laboratory
- Ideas for new research in computational neuroscience between NU and Argonne
- Routes to successful proposals for computational time at Argonne
- Live demonstration of some of NEURON’s features (2 – 5 p.m.)
Registration is required. Registration will close for non-US citizens on Tuesday, Aug. 21, and for U.S. citizens on Tuesday, Aug. 28.