Discussion forum: ‘Linking our Culture, Safety and Core Values’
All employees are invited to participate in a discussion forum on linking our workplace culture, safety and core values on Thursday, Sept. 20, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Building 446 Auditorium.
Building on findings from the 2017 climate survey, participants will discuss the intersection of culture, safety and core values at Argonne and share perspectives on how we can be more effective in creating a workplace where we are “living” our core values.
Speakers and facilitators will be:
- Paul Kearns, Laboratory Director
- Kim Sawyer, Interim Deputy Laboratory Director for Operations/Chief Operations Officer
- Betsy Dunn, Director, Health, Safety, and Environment
- Lisa Durham, Director, Argonne Leadership Institute
- Megan Clifford, Chief of Staff
- Jan Civian, WFD Consulting
- Debbie Phillips, WFD Consulting
Activities will include:
- Learning how data from the climate survey informs each core value and helps to measure the laboratory’s progress in exemplifying the values
- Break-out group discussions will identify potential barriers to “living” the core values and brainstorm possible solutions to overcome those barriers