Look for changes after Oct. 11 Dayforce update
Did you know that every six months Dayforce updates their system? Most employees don’t realize when an update has occurred as there is very little disruption to the user experience. However, when Dayforce undergoes the next update on Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018, the user interface and functionality will change in ways noticeable to most employees who are entering or approving time sheets.
The lab has delayed this event and worked with the vendor to minimize the impact on users, but there are some aspects that cannot be controlled or influenced. Microsoft is discontinuing support of Silverlight, which was used to develop the Dayforce application. Our laboratory operations regularly evaluate the best tools and systems on the market to deliver on our mission and achieve operational excellence. At this time, the lab will continue to use Dayforce for time reporting and approvals.
It is important that employees understand the upcoming changes and how to navigate the new system so effort can be recorded accurately. A group of Dayforce early adopters are being trained so they will be available to assist users through the critical first months of the cutover.
Dayforce changes include:
- Changes in the user interface will be visible to exempt employees, managers and Argonne associates.
- The Dayforce workweek will now appear vertically rather than horizontally, making it more manageable to read and navigate (you no longer have to move the cursor to see your full week).
- Functionality and navigation are more organized in the new update.
- Employees should expect a learning curve as we adjust to the new format.
- While past templates will no longer be available, users will be able to copy and paste from a previous week.
- A new feature, “Copy day/Paste day” has been added to speed up the entry process.
- There is very little change to the user experience for non-exempt employees.
Heavy users of Dayforce will have the opportunity to receive training in advance of the lab-wide rollout.
Please review these navigational guides which include a step-by-step tutorial:
For additional information, contact Mike Shields, Dayforce administrator at ext. 2-6916.
If you feel you need more training, email firstname.lastname@example.org and a training session will be arranged for you.