UChicago Argonne, LLC to honor employees for excellence
To recognize and celebrate excellence across the laboratory, each year UChicago Argonne, LLC, provides the opportunity to acknowledge the success and remarkable achievements of our employees. This year’s award ceremony and reception will be held in the Building 240 TCS Conference Center on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, at 4:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
Distinguished Performance Award
To recognize a specific outstanding achievement or a distinguished record of such achievements by an employee of the laboratory in the areas of basic and applied science and engineering. Awardees:
- Gregory Krumdick (AMD), Interim Director, Applied Materials
- Christopher Johnson (CSE), Senior Chemist and Group Leader
- Paul Messina (CPS), Director, Computational Science
- Paul Fenter (CSE), Senior Physicist and Group Leader
Outstanding Service Award
To recognize employees in support positions whose exemplary service over an extended period has significantly contributed toward helping the laboratory fulfill its various missions and attain its overall goals. Awardees:
- Sue Marconi (OCF), Interim Deputy Director for Operations, JCESR
- Karen White (EGS), FIE Business Administrator
- Kimberly Lindgren (NWM), Operations Superintendent
- Ralph Bechtold (AES), Principal Mechanical Engineering Specialist
Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award
To recognize demonstrated leadership of diversity and inclusion efforts by inspiring others and creating a demonstrative effect in areas such as, catalyzing a shift in mindsets, building skills for bridging differences and changing behaviors, and fostering longer-term culture change efforts within the lab.
- Molly Finster (DIS), Environmental Health Systems Scientist
Pinnacle of Education Award
To recognize Argonne employees for exceptional contributions and continuous efforts that help to make science education and outreach inspiring and unique for students, teachers and community groups. Awardees:
- Suzanne te Velthuis (MSD), Physicist
- Kristen Wahl (ES), Manager, Advanced Vehicle Technology Competitions
Outstanding Safety Leadership Award
To recognize laboratory individuals who demonstrate leadership in safety by embodying the principles of integrated safety management, contributing to a positive safety culture, having a commitment to excellence in workplace safety, and successfully addressing critical challenges and vulnerabilities in safety.
- Mike Edelen (HSE), Electrical Safety Program Manager
James B. Porter, Jr. Team Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
To recognize a team of laboratory employees working in any part of the laboratory who embody the principles of integrated safety management and directly contribute to the creation and sustenance of a positive safety culture and a commitment to excellence in workplace safety. Team Award: The FAC-Utilities High Voltage Team.
- Marcus Diaz (FAC), Foreman
- Chris Rivenburg (FAC), High Voltage Specialist
- Milton Peggs (FAC), High Voltage Specialist
- Carlos Godoy (FAC), High Voltage Specialist
- Matt Long (FAC), High Voltage Specialist
- John Lega (FAC), High Voltage Specialist
Harris Ward Graduate Fellowship
A fellowship for the benefit of the son or daughter of an Argonne employee. The $4,500 flat stipend is applied for the fellow’s first year of graduate study at the University of Chicago.
- Mason Dearborn