2018 Midwest Regional Workshop on Accelerator Stewardship Test Facility Program
The 2018 Midwest Regional Workshop on Accelerator Stewardship Test Facility Program will be held Wednesday, Dec. 5, at Fermilab, and Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, at Argonne National Laboratory.
Workshop participants will:
- Learn how to access accelerator and beam facilities at Argonne and Fermilab for developing and testing new accelerator technologies
- Interact with experts, tour facilities and explore new applications of particle accelerators.
Learn more about the U.S. Department of Energy’s Accelerator Stewardship Test Facility Program.
Thomas Kunetz, of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago and James S. Welsh,
Northwestern Medicine Chicago Proton Center are the keynote speakers.
Who should attend:
- you make accelerators or accelerator components (e.g., linac makers, magnet makers)
- you work in an industry actively utilizing accelerator technology (e.g., medicine, electronics, polymer crosslinking)
- you have intractable industrial chemistry issues and are seeking novel solutions (e.g., wastewater, flue gas)
- you need higher resolution, higher speed metrology, visualization, and other research and testing capabilities (e.g., drug discovery, new materials for additive manufacturing)
- you are a federal agency funding or driving policy on the above areas
- you are a research institution seeking to develop or utilize accelerator technology.
Register on the event webpage.