Are you Aware that the enhanced work planning and control application has launched?
Aware, the laboratory’s enhanced work planning and control application, launched on Oct. 1, 2018. The Improving How We Work Application Team engaged key stakeholders to create the upgraded work planning and control application so that it provides end-user flexibility and usability for the input and output of the work planning and control process.
Stakeholder teams, made up of research and operations end users, were engaged in user experience sessions where they tested the usability and design of the application and the output documents to ensure that the documents would be valuable in the field.
Aware has a streamlined input process and navigation aligned with Integrated Safety Management and the Work Planning and Control process.
Improvements have been made to:
- Menu options
- Search functionality
- Sorting capabilities
- Work control documents
- Information entry and review functionality
Aware improvements also include:
- Elimination of non-essential information
- Simplified Hazard Tree
- Hazard analysis that can be applied at the task level
- Output that contains relevant information so that work will be performed safely
- All current work control documents are available in the enhanced application
Do you want to learn more about Aware? You can review the Aware reference guides via the Aware webpage.
Questions about Aware? Suggestions for improvement? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org