Cafeteria and Abri Credit Union open house celebration
To celebrate the lab’s renewed partnership with its food service contractor, Sodexo, and to welcome Abri Credit Union to its new location, the Building 213 Cafeteria (Bistro 213) and Abri will host a celebration Monday, Nov. 5, through Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, in their respective locations.
The focus for our renewed partnership with Sodexo is health and wellness, which is reflected in the mindful food tastings and the new Mindful Loyalty Card to encourage healthy choices in dining locations across campus including the Cafeteria, Concrete Café in Building 240, the 401 Grille and the Argonne Guest House Restaurant. Employees receive one Loyalty card punch for each mindful salad, soup, sandwich or salad bar purchased and, after 10 punches, a voucher worth 100 Virgin Pulse points.
In 1949, Argonne studied the feasibility of organizing a credit union for its employees. This study triggered an enthusiastic response from both lab management and employees and soon after Argonne Credit Union was born which later became Abri Credit Union.
Recently Abri Credit Union relocated to Building 213, in the former conference room space (just off the main entrance, inside the Cafeteria).
Abri Credit Union
Tuesday, Nov. 6 – Thursday, Nov. 8, 11 a.m – 1:30 p.m.
Member and non-members are invited to play a “Wheel of Fortune” game for a chance to win prizes. Abri members will also have a chance to win a gift card.
Mindful food tastings, drawings, vendor promotions and giveaways.
Wednesday, Nov. 7:
- Virgin Pulse point vouchers for participating in mindful tastings (limited availability).
- Wellness table featuring Sodexo leaders sharing information on Sodexo’s Mindful program, which is a health and wellness program that offers balanced nutrition with enticing flavors to create an indulgent way to enjoy healthy food choices.
- Safety table where Sodexo safety leaders will provide an overview of Sodexo’s safety culture.
- Aspretto Coffee Program: tasting and educational information about a new coffee offering to compliment Starbucks.
Bistro 213 updates:
- Digital signage boards at each food station
- New cuisine at each station with a focus on healthy food choices. Seasonal items will be featured, as well as Mindful options
- LED lighting at service areas
- New point-of-sale register systems
- Mobile ordering/take-out program
- Aspretto coffee program in addition to Starbucks
- Sodexo Go (SOGO) card for purchasing food or for use as a gift card
- Newly designed space with state-of-the art equipment and facilities
- New teller “pod” concept where cash is accepted and dispersed in a more efficient and accurate means for handling money
- New member station for online banking, tutorials or surfing Abri’s website