The Leadership Institute presents Managerial Skills Series of workshops
The Leadership Institute will offer its Managerial Skill Series (MSS) of workshops beginning Nov. 13, 2018. The sequenced curriculum focuses on foundational supervisory and managerial skills.
MSS is designed to help transform great supervisors and managers into exceptional leaders. It features both experts from throughout the laboratory as well as external facilitators to help participants develop and hone their managerial skills.
The series is recommended for staff new to management, those managers wanting a refresher and for frontline supervisors. Managers who have recently joined Argonne also will benefit from immersion into the laboratory’s culture. Anybody who is directly responsible for someone else’s performance coaching is considered part of the target audience.
It is strongly recommended participants attend all sessions unless they have previously attended one of the classes. Some classes are all-day sessions. Others are four hours long, and participants can choose a morning or afternoon class. Class sizes are limited. Participants are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
- Nov. 13: Giving Needs Based Feedback (ALI203) 4 hours
- Nov. 20: Realizing Talent in Others (ALI204) – 4 hours
- Dec. 4: Inclusive Leadership: Connecting with Others (ALI100) – 1 day
- Dec. 18: Building Trust Under Pressure (ALI206) – 4 hours
- Jan. 8: Skillful Conversations (ALI207) – 4 hours
- Jan. 29: Guiding Collaborative Discussions (ALI208) – 4 hours
- Feb. 7: Managing Employee Issues at Argonne (HR643) – 1 day
- Feb. 12: Resolving Conflict Within Your Team (ALI209) – 4 hours
- March 12: Clarifying Performance Expectations (ALI202) – 4 hours
Participants can enroll through the Training Management System (TMS):
- From your training profile, click the “Enroll in an Elective” button. The “Course Finder” window will appear.
- Enter the “Course Number” of the course you wish to enroll in.
- Highlight the chosen course, which will appear in a dropdown list, and click on it.
- The “Enroll/Unenroll” window will display. Identify the course session you wish to attend, and click the “Enroll” icon.