Argonne’s newest employee resource group ABLED (Argonne Backs, Listens, and Educates for Disabilities), will recognize International Day of Persons with Disabilities on Monday, Dec. 3, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Building 213 Cafeteria. Following this year’s theme, “Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality,” the day provides an opportunity to … Read More
Lost something? Find it here. Read More »
The work planning and control (WPC) webpages have been updated and reformatted with new information and resources to help you understand and implement WPC across Argonne.
The WPC webpage has a new layout and links. It provides one-click access to videos, quick reference guides, information sheets, training information, policies and procedures, and the Aware … Read More »
Two Argonne researchers will discuss their Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018, at 12:30 p.m. in Building 212, Room A157. All are welcome to attend.
Visit the LDRD website to view upcoming seminars.
… Read More »
HRS-Educational Programs is seeking Argonne scientists and engineers that are interested in mentoring faculty members in the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Visiting Faculty Program. This is an opportunity for researchers from academic institutions that are small, historically underrepresented, not well-resourced, or from a satellite campuses to conduct research at a national laboratory. Argonne research … Read More »
Human Resource Services would like to thank each employee who participated in the Total Rewards Survey. Forty-three percent of benefits-eligible employees completed the survey that sought input on compensation, benefits and wellness, learning and development, and work environment. Together these represent the Total Rewards employees receive from working at Argonne.
This is the first time … Read More »
To avoid site access delays, Security encourages divisions to process all contractors, visitors and/or site occupants who have gate passes or temporary photo badges expiring in 2018, before the new year. Old passes/badges can be exchanged for 2019 passes/badges beginning Monday, Dec. 3, through Friday, Dec. 22, 2018.
Large groups are encouraged to call the … Read More »
Bindu Nair, deputy director for Basic Research, Office of the Secretary of Defense, will present “Basic Research at the Department of Defense” at a Director’s Special Colloquium on Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, at 10 a.m. in … Read More »
Portable heating devices may only … Read More »
A retirement celebration for Argonne Distinguished Fellow Michael Thackeray will be held Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018, from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at the Ruffled Feathers Golf Club, 1 Pete Dye Dr., Lemont, Ill.
The cost is $50 and includes a cash bar, appetizers, soup, salad, filet mignon and chicken Tuscany, dessert. A vegetarian option available … Read More »
- Molecular Diagnostics in Pediatrics: Future of Precision MedicineOctober 15 - 10:00 am
- ALP Miniclusters and Early Matter DominationOctober 15 - 10:15 am
- Polymer Informatics: Current Status and Critical Next StepsOctober 15 - 11:00 am
- Peering into batteries: X-rays reveal lithium-ion's mysteriesOctober 10, 2019
- Argonne releases GREET 2019October 8, 2019
- What Can Cyberdefenses Learn from the Human Immune System?October 8, 2019
- For #NuclearScienceWeek we’re sharing fun facts about the world’s first nuclear reactor! Fun Fact #1, it all began… https://t.co/oUVUB55Nnq 1 hour ago
- RT @argonne_lcf : On Oct. 16, Ignacio Laguna of @Livermore_Comp will lead a webinar on tools and techniques for floating-point analysis as p… 6 hours ago