Two Argonne researchers will discuss their Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019, at 12:30 p.m. in Building 212, Room A157. All are welcome to attend.
Visit the LDRD website to view upcoming seminars.
… Read More »
Well-implemented Work Planning and Control makes work safer and more efficient — and new workshops are available to ensure you know what must go right and what can potentially go wrong.
WPC303, “How to Plan and Execute Work,” is an interactive workshop using a team approach foster an engaging learning experience for operations or research … Read More »
Steve Jacobsen, professor of earth and planetary sciences at Northwestern University, will present “The Earth’s Hidden Ocean” Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019, at 3 p.m. in the Building 402 Auditorium.
Water, incorporated into minerals and melts at the very high pressure and temperature conditions of Earth’s … Read More »
Argonne Laboratory Director Paul Kearns and Chief Human Resources Officer Julie Nuter recently hosted a luncheon honoring employees who achieved a milestone service anniversary at Argonne in 2018. Human Resource Services (HRS) organized the Nov. 29 event held at the Argonne Guest House to recognize employees who reached 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 or … Read More »
This year’s Breakfast with Santa was a great success thanks to the Argonne Club and the many volunteers who participated.
Patricia Gajewski and Steven Hanuska once again served as the star attractions as they have more than 20 years.
Top photo: Breakfast with Santa volunteers top row from left: Kory Hayden, Todd … Read More »
Pingping Sun, life cycle analyst in the Energy Systems (ES) division, shared this best practice that she learned in a previous work setting, where maintaining safe operations was a paramount goal.
Seek a fresh eye
Whether performing daily tasks or new assignments, you should feel free to seek insight from peers or resources beyond your … Read More »
The “partial government shutdown” being discussed in Washington, D.C. and in the media will not affect Argonne. The laboratory will continue to operate normally, and will open on schedule after the holiday break on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
Deputy Program Leader Trever Pfeffer (SSS) will present “Amazon Web Hosting Services at Argonne” at a brown-bag seminar on Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018, at noon in the Building 203 Auditorium.
Everyone at the lab is encouraged to learn about what parts of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing are currently available for purchase at the … Read More »
Employees are needed to mentor eighth-grade girls during Argonne’s annual Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (IGED), an all-day event Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019, at the Building 240 TCS Conference Center from 7:30 a.m. … Read More »
- Molecular Diagnostics in Pediatrics: Future of Precision MedicineOctober 15 - 10:00 am
- ALP Miniclusters and Early Matter DominationOctober 15 - 10:15 am
- Polymer Informatics: Current Status and Critical Next StepsOctober 15 - 11:00 am
- Peering into batteries: X-rays reveal lithium-ion's mysteriesOctober 10, 2019
- Argonne releases GREET 2019October 8, 2019
- What Can Cyberdefenses Learn from the Human Immune System?October 8, 2019
- For #NuclearScienceWeek we’re sharing fun facts about the world’s first nuclear reactor! Fun Fact #1, it all began… https://t.co/oUVUB55Nnq 57 minutes ago
- RT @argonne_lcf : On Oct. 16, Ignacio Laguna of @Livermore_Comp will lead a webinar on tools and techniques for floating-point analysis as p… 6 hours ago