Site services and activities affected Jan. 30-31
Many site services and activities will be cancelled or curtailed as the laboratory prepares for the extreme cold snap expected Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 30-31, 2019. Telecommuting is strongly encouraged for those two days.
Site services affected
- East Gate and West Gates will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. North Gate will remain open but the Argonne Visitors Center will be closed. Prearranged gate passes will be available at the North Gate guard post for any visitors.
- The HEW Medical Clinic will not be open Wednesday and Thursday.
- The Building 213 Cafeteria, Building 240 Concrete Café and Building 201 Coffee Kiosk will be closed.
- The Guest House Restaurant, 401 Grille and the Market at the Guest House will operate normally.
- There will be no mail service and no material deliveries on Wednesday and Thursday.
- There will be no liquid nitrogen refills on Wednesday and Thursday.
- There will be no rigging services/moves on Wednesday and Thursday.
- BIS Service Desk access will be available by phone at (630) 252-9999, option 2, or via Vector.
- The Abri Credit Union will be closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- “Conversations with Kearns” scheduled for Jan. 31 has been cancelled.
- The “Handling Stress with Success” lecture and meditation class scheduled for Jan. 30 have been cancelled.
- The retirement celebration for Paul Messina will be rescheduled for Feb. 5.
- The Next Generation Society’s “Effective Communication” workshop on Jan. 31 will be rescheduled.
- The Meaningful Mentoring workshop on Jan. 31 will be rescheduled.
Watch Snapshot and Argonne Today for additional updates.