Volunteer call for annual regional science bowl competition
Argonne’s Educational Programs is seeking volunteers to help officiate the U.S. Department of Energy’s annual Illinois Regional Middle School Science Bowl Academic Competition on Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, at Oswego East High School. Students from local middle schools will compete in a science and math trivia-style competition.
There are volunteer opportunities for both STEM and non-STEM professionals. Volunteers will receive a light breakfast and lunch the day of the event. Shifts are available from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Volunteer roles include:
- Judges (must have STEM background)
- Moderators (must have STEM background)
- General volunteer (runners, registration, way finders, etc.)
Volunteers will be asked to attend a 1.5-hour training session. Sessions will be held on:
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Volunteer registration is required.
If you are interested in volunteering but are unable to attend a training session or for questions, contact Jacquie Janney.