Summertime brings students
Though we have a year-round internship program at Argonne, the biggest student cohort happens during the summer. On Tuesday, May 28, 2019, the first wave of 400 students arrive at Argonne to begin, for many, their first research experience. This is an exciting time for both the students and Argonne staff. We enjoy the energy and enthusiasm students bring to our campus and support the opportunity for them to apply their academic knowledge and develop new skills.
Please help welcome the next generation of world-class talent to the laboratory, and support our summer interns by fostering a lab-wide culture of safety and effective communication. Examples include:
- Introducing yourself to the students
- Engaging with them in the cafeteria and other casual experiences
- Inviting them to participate in social club activities and events
- Help them navigate our campus and buildings
- Being a cautious driver and watch out for walking and biking students
- Sharing with them lectures and opportunities for them to explore
- Help them navigate our safety culture
Student Poster Gallery Walk
Our student internship programs could not be successful without the support from everyone at the lab. To help celebrate, Educational Program will host a Student Poster Gallery Walk on the lawn outside of the Building 213 Cafeteria on Wednesday, July 31, 2019, at noon. Employees will have an opportunity to learn a bit about the research and projects students have been participating in over the summer.