You’re invited: ‘Basics of Proposal Preparation’
Technology Commercialization and Partnerships (TCP) invites Argonne researchers to register for “Basics of Proposal Preparation,” a presentation that will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, July 19, 2019, in Building 212, Room A157.
David McCallum, new program capture manager within TCP, will provide Argonne staff with information on the key elements of proposal preparation and the resources Argonne provides to support proposal writing.
The one-hour session, which will be structured as a presentation followed by a Q&A session, will cover activities to be undertaken before, during, and after proposal writing.
Pre-proposal writing activities discussed will include:
- Developing an understanding of sponsor needs and wants
- Reviewing and analyzing the solicitation to extract information about proposal contents and format
- Structuring the proposal to meet the needs of the reviewer
- Understanding the review process
Writing activities covered will include:
- Planning, structuring, and producing the proposal document
- Reviewing and editing the proposal
- The mechanics of proposal submission
In addition to the above topics, McCallum will discuss the importance of following up with sponsors after the proposal has been submitted and selection results have been announced, as well as the planning, editing, and graphics support for proposal writers that is available at Argonne.
For more information, please contact McCallum at ext. 2-4338.