Argonne physicist Sergei Chekanov (HEP) recently published a book, Numeric Computation and Statistical Data Analysis on the Java Platform (Springer International Publishing). The book provides a detailed description of … Read More
About Argonne Today
Argonne Today is Argonne National Laboratory's news center for employees and facility users. It provides information on science and engineering results; awards and funding opportunities; employee benefits, safety, wellness, diversity, leadership and career development; and seminars, conferences, symposia, professional events and club activities. Send news to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send event listings to email@example.com.
James P. Burelbach, former mechanical engineer at Argonne, died March 31, 2016, at the age of 88. In 1956, he joined Argonne’s Nuclear Engineering (NE) Division (formerly Reactor Engineering). Burelbach worked on the design and startup of the Experimental Breeder Reactor-II (EBR-II) in Idaho Falls from 1960-1965 and was involved in the Integral Fast Reactor … Read More »
Spot Awards give employees “on-the-spot” recognition for positive safety behavior or initiative. The Spot Award program offers three award levels: gold ($100), silver ($50) and bronze ($25).
If you see an employee exhibiting behavior that warrants positive recognition, you can nominate that individual for a Spot Award by completing and submitting an online form: Read More »
Argonne’s new wellness benefit — the Virgin Pulse online tool — launches today, April 4, 2016. All employees eligible for medical benefits are invited to a launch-day event in Bistro 213, and will receive an email message inviting them to sign up for this fun, interactive online program. Employees who enroll before April 5 will … Read More »
Argonne’s Cyber Operations, Analysis, and Research (COAR) team will answer questions live during a Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) on Monday, April 4, at 2 p.m.
The COAR team will answer such questions as: “What is a Moving Target Defense? How can it be used to secure networks from cyber-attacks? What’s the difference between … Read More »
Thomas (“Tom”) Stillman was appointed Argonne’s new Chief Counterintelligence Officer (CIO) effective April 1, 2016.
Stillman joined Argonne in 2008 as the Lead Counterintelligence Officer. His contributions have been crucial to the continued growth of Argonne’s reputation in counterintelligence and the development of Argonne’s counterintelligence program. Under his leadership, Argonne’s CI Investigations program was identified … Read More »
Radon is an odorless, colorless radioactive gas that can seep into homes from the surrounding soil. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer deaths in the United States.
Bike Share bicycles will be deployed campus-wide in the beginning of April. The Bike Share Program provides employees with bicycles as a healthy, sustainable and fun way to travel around Argonne’s campus.
Bike Share bicycles must remain on site at all times and are not allowed in the surrounding forest preserve. Helmets are required when … Read More »
Are you interested in new vehicle technologies? Wondering how the bells and whistles affect drivers? Check out this free webinar hosted by the National Safety Council: “Dashboard Technology: Friend or Foe.” The webinar will be held on Wednesday, April 6, 2016, at 11 a.m. Central Time.
Want to start exercising, but don’t know where to start? Already have a fitness routine, but want to avoid injury? Argonne’s 20-Minute … Read More »
- Creating a Digital Twin of an Electric Utility: Reimagining Building Energy Modeling in a World of High-Performance Computing, Big Data, Imagery, and Advanced Metering InfrastructureSeptember 25 - 10:00 am
- The Host-Guest Interaction in Metal-Organic Frameworks: A Combined Spectroscopic StudySeptember 25 - 11:00 am
- Nuclear Physics Applications at the University of Notre DameSeptember 25 - 3:30 pm
- New Combustion Synthesis Research Facility heats up high-throughput manufacturing of nanomaterialsSeptember 21, 2018
- Argonne announces Flame Spray Pyrolysis process for commodity-scale manufacture of nanomaterialsSeptember 21, 2018
- Nanoparticles for improving smart-window energy efficencySeptember 21, 2018
- This will support Argonne’s David Awschalom on his proposal of the Generation and Remote Distribution of Quantum En… https://t.co/E20CI5SMkL 4 hours ago
- RT @CACMmag : More than 90 student interns conducted research with mentors at @Argonne this past summer. https://t.co/8wdFJowlzU https://t.c… 9 hours ago