Depending on your daily round at the lab, you may have noticed that new safety restraints have been installed to prevent gas cylinders from tipping over in Building 200. An alert … Read More
“Conversations” is a weekly informal gathering with Interim Laboratory Director Paul Kearns and his colleagues in senior leadership who plan to join him from time to time. All employees are invited to attend and share their ideas, comments and concerns.
These gatherings take place every Monday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. in the Bldg. 213 … Read More »
June has been a busy month. In addition to keeping our great science going here at the lab, we have been raising Argonne’s visibility outside our campus — engaging … Read More »
Today the President issued his budget request for fiscal year 2018, marking the first step in a long and complex process to reach a final federal budget. Members of the House … Read More »
The lab has taken some important steps forward since my last message, including drafting our annual lab plan.
Acknowledging such progress is especially important amid the news headlines coming out of Washington about the FY17 and FY18 budgets. Today, Congress passed another weeklong continuing resolution to maintain the current level of funding through May 5, … Read More »
My colleagues, it has been a busy couple of weeks since my last message. I want to give you some updates and share how you all continue to make me proud to lead this lab.
During the last week of March, I traveled to Washington D.C. to meet with Acting U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) … Read More »
President Trump made public his first federal budget blueprint. As is typical in the federal budget process, this initial document does not contain a lot of detail but is instead … Read More »
- Mindful Mondays Meditation ClassApril 23 - 12:30 pm
- Managing Uncertainty in Electric Grids using Chance Constrained Programming and Statistical LearningApril 23 - 2:00 pm
- Superconducting Half-Wave Resonator Development and Their Physical LimitationsApril 23 - 3:30 pm
- Army researchers conduct first-ever combustion experiment with X-raysApril 19, 2018
- Reconnecting art and science in the classroomApril 19, 2018
- Getting magnesium ions to pick up the paceApril 19, 2018