The Shipping and Receiving Department has noted an increase in the number of personal packages being shipped to the laboratory. LMS-POL-44: Limited Personal Use of Argonne Resources notes that while personal mail may be received and distributed within the laboratory mail system, the practice is not encouraged.
Please remember limited personal use … Read More »
Congratulations to the following researchers on having their U.S. patents granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for technologies invented at Argonne:
Digital electron amplifier with anode readout devices and methods of fabrication Patent No.: US 10,062,555
Anil U. Mane (AMD) Jeffrey W. Elam (AMD)
Cobalt-stabilized lithium metal oxide electrodes for … Read More »
The new “Length Saving Period” begins this weekend, and all employees are reminded to move one meter ahead at 2 a.m. Saturday, April 1, 2017. This will save the U.S. economy many millions of meters during the summer months.
The ordinance stems from the U.S. Comprehensive Dimensional Equality Act, which will eventually bring length, width … Read More »
A new high-energy X-ray beamline specializing in molecular gastronomy is planned as part of the … Read More »
A new south entrance (see map) to the Argonne Lab campus opens Saturday, April 1, 2017, for the convenience of all badged employees. A new “fast pass” guard post connects the southernmost end of Meridian Road with a newly paved byway to a parking lot on the north bank of the Des Planes River.
“The … Read More »
Construction is almost complete on the new theme park, “Scienceland,” being built on the Argonne site as part of a U.S. Department of Energy Outreach effort. “Cast members” — the new term for Argonne employees — will be expected to participate at least one day per week, helping the public learn about science in a … Read More »
All Argonne employees are expected to report to the laboratory for a “barn-raising” event at the Materials Design Laboratory construction site on Saturday, April 1, 2017.
“In this uncertain budget environment, we felt it would be best to ask employees to pitch in now to help accelerate construction,” said Project Lead Anne Thracks (IS). “That … Read More »
- STEM Career NightNovember 14 - 7:00 pm
- Junior Achievement Technology DayNovember 15 - 9:00 am
- Physical and Chemical Controls on Habitats for Microbial Life: Examples of Aquifer Groundwater and Dust Microbial CommunitiesNovember 15 - 10:00 am
- RT @argonne_lcf : @Argonne had another busy day at @Supercomputing with paper presentations, BOF sessions, the HPC Impact Showcase, the Scie… 23 minutes ago
- The boundaries we push lead us to being home to the nation’s first Exascale computing system #SC18 #scienceatscale… https://t.co/4BVgmcxSjH 2 hours ago