“Aware” is the name for the laboratory’s enhanced work planning and control online application. Aware beat out several other submissions in a contest launched by the Improving How We Work – Work Planning and Control project team. From submissions received from across the laboratory, the team narrowed the selections down to the top five, which … Read More
Several Argonne employees received on-the-spot recognition for displaying positive safety and/or quality assurance initiative during the month of July 2018.
Gold Spot Award recipients Vanessa DaSilva (AMD) Robert Erck (AMD) Torrance Leggett (LCF) Lauren Valentino (AMD) Silver Spot Award recipients Tokieta Cox (FAC) Jeff Enger (FAC) Thomas Gutowski (FAC) Paul Hodges (FAC) Wuilibaldo Mares (FAC) … Read More »
In June 2018, Patricia Weikersheimer (BIS) received a Gold Spot Award for her actions in response to a fallen tree branch.
One afternoon, Weikersheimer was in her office when she heard a sound from outside that caught her attention. Looking out her office window in Building 202, she could see that a large oak tree … Read More »
This month, members of the Project Management Organization (PMO) team are using … Read More »
Summer is here and with that comes an increase in vehicle, bike and pedestrian traffic on site. The summer also brings more driver distractions as many of us are rushing to enjoy summer activities.
In the past few weeks, there have been six reported motor vehicle accidents at Argonne, with three occurring in parking lots … Read More »
Several Argonne employees received on-the-spot recognition for displaying positive safety and/or quality assurance initiative during the month of June 2018.
Gold Spot Award recipients Gregory Banks (AES) Abelardo Beltran-Jimenez (STE) Scott Gildo (FAC) Steven Macewko (FAC) Emily Moog (DIS) Alexander Smith (STE) Patricia Weikersheimer (BIS-BTC) Kamila Wiaderek (XSD) Silver Spot Award recipients Gregory Dolnak (NWM) … Read More »
Linda Conlin (BIS) noticed that power strips in a work area appeared to be older (i.e., “from the 90s”) and not up to code. Multiple computers and machines for creating CDs were used in the affected space, making it all the more important to have up-to-code power strips.
The building manager confirmed Linda’s assessment that … Read More »
The Improving How We Work (IHWW) Work Planning and Control (WPC) project is moving into high gear.
The project goal is to create a “simpler and safer” WPC process to ensure:
A focus on communication and collaboration during all projects That employees are provided effective and meaningful learning programs to ensure that they are properly … Read More »
4th quarter radiation dosimeters were due Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2015. Read More »
Radiation dosimeters are due Friday, June 29, 2018.
Employees are asked to return dosimeters to the assigned rack or local distribution office as soon as possible. Prompt return will help minimize the added effort and costs associated with searching for and processing late dosimeters.
As a reminder, per LMS-PROC-146, “When you are not using dosimeter, … Read More »
- Creating a Digital Twin of an Electric Utility: Reimagining Building Energy Modeling in a World of High-Performance Computing, Big Data, Imagery, and Advanced Metering InfrastructureSeptember 25 - 10:00 am
- The Host-Guest Interaction in Metal-Organic Frameworks: A Combined Spectroscopic StudySeptember 25 - 11:00 am
- Nuclear Physics Applications at the University of Notre DameSeptember 25 - 3:30 pm
- New Combustion Synthesis Research Facility heats up high-throughput manufacturing of nanomaterialsSeptember 21, 2018
- Argonne announces Flame Spray Pyrolysis process for commodity-scale manufacture of nanomaterialsSeptember 21, 2018
- Nanoparticles for improving smart-window energy efficencySeptember 21, 2018
- This will support Argonne’s David Awschalom on his proposal of the Generation and Remote Distribution of Quantum En… https://t.co/E20CI5SMkL 5 hours ago
- RT @CACMmag : More than 90 student interns conducted research with mentors at @Argonne this past summer. https://t.co/8wdFJowlzU https://t.c… 11 hours ago