V. Rao Kotamarthi (EVS), chief scientist and department head of the Atmospheric Science and Climate research group, will discuss his Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at 12:30 p.m. in Building 212, Room A157. All are welcome to attend.
Sisterson will demonstrate the process of how much we learn about difficult to observe phenomena, like tornadoes, by … Read More »
Argonne’s Environmental Science Division (EVS) began a large, nine-year interagency agreement this spring with the United States Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC). The Civil Engineer Center provides civil engineering services and enterprise leadership … Read More »
Former Environmental Science Division Director John Krummel is retiring from Argonne effective Friday, Sept. 1, 2017. To honor Krummel for his years of service to the lab, a reception will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 29, … Read More »
“My research looks at how permafrost is degrading because of global warming, taking a look at how much carbon is in the permafrost. That way we have an idea how much is going to be released and how it is going to impact climate change.”
—Roser Matamala, Environmental Sciences (EVS)
Cristina Negri has been appointed Director of the Environmental Science (EVS) Division. Her appointment is effective Aug.10, 2017.
Negri is a principal agronomist/environmental engineer in the EVS Division. During her 20-plus- year career at … Read More »
Computational Climate Scientist Robert Jacob (EVS) will discuss his Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, July 11, 2017.
“Measuring and Modeling the Urban Boundary Layer” begins … Read More »
“I use non-toxic paints in my modeling,” said William Vinikour, Envionmental Science (EVS).
What kind of modeling?
“Monsters and dinosaurs,” said Vinikour.
This image was taken at Argonne’s Earth Day celebration on April 20, 2017. It is part of a series of images featuring your colleagues and their thoughts about our laboratory community.
Atmospheric and Climate Scientist Yan Feng (EVS), will discuss her Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
“Desert Dust and Pollution: An … Read More »
- LCI: A Lightweight Communication Interface for High-Performance ComputingAugust 26 - 10:30 am
- Composite Grids for Large-Scale Computer Model EmulationAugust 28 - 10:30 am
- High-Throughput Genome-Scale Metabolic Model Reconstruction and Reconciliation with Tn-seq DataAugust 28 - 3:00 pm
- Join us on Tuesday, August 27 at 1:00 Central for a Facebook Live interview with Argonne's Katrin Heitmann and… https://t.co/MYIHmL5ipL 8 hours ago
- Are you ready 2019 CyberForce Competition™ ? Eligible University/College teams are invited to submit an applicatio… https://t.co/zRBTMsl6vj 12 hours ago