“I recycle at home and I telecommute when I can,” said Sue Benda (XSD). “And I’m always after the lights. I turn them off at work and at home.”
This image was taken at Argonne’s Earth Day celebration on April 20, 2017. It is part of a series of images featuring your colleagues and their … Read More »
“I use non-toxic paints in my modeling,” said William Vinikour, Envionmental Science (EVS).
What kind of modeling?
“Monsters and dinosaurs,” said Vinikour.
This image was taken at Argonne’s Earth Day celebration on April 20, 2017. It is part of a series of images featuring your colleagues and their thoughts about our laboratory community.
“I like my job and benefits,” said Sandy Smith (OCF). “I went on maternity leave and was off for 15 weeks. I’m so glad I was able to spend that time with my new baby.”
“And I’m glad I was able to help her with the kids!” added Linda Wesolowski (FMS), Sandy’s mother.
Linda retired … Read More »
“I like that the work we do here is important to our nation. It has a positive impact.”
—Stu Meredith, Performance Management and Assurance (PMA)
This image was taken at Argonne’s Lab Fest on Nov. 2, 2016. It is part of a series of images featuring your colleagues and their thoughts about our … Read More »
“I like how the science can be applied very quickly to make an impact in the community. It’s an opportunity to see how innovation can move quickly to market.”
—Cathy Milostan, Energy Systems (ES)
This image was taken at Argonne’s Lab Fest on Nov. 2, 2016. It is part of a series of … Read More »
“I like it that great scientific minds come to one place. There are opportunities to grow and expand from basic to applied science.”
—Diego Fazi, Office of the Director (OTD)
“I can say that here at Argonne, we work together to drive innovation. And also what’s unique, besides the great science, … Read More »
“What I do here is part of the research that will help the people of the world — research that will help eliminate disease.”
—Prakash Panchal, APS Engineering Support (AES)
This image was taken at Argonne’s Lab Fest on Nov. 2, 2016. It is part of a series of images featuring your colleagues … Read More »
“I like it. I’ve been here for 23 years and I’ve been promoted up. The lab gives great opportunities and encourages you. You can go to school, and I took advantage of that — I got a degree in applied science and building maintenance, HVAC.”
— Cynthia Smithberg, Facilities Management and Services (FMS)
… Read More »
“This is the most cutting-edge place in the world in my field, in materials science. The APS enables all kinds of collaborations — it’s the only place I’ve worked so far that has scientist from all over the world.”
— Rostislav Hrubiak, Photon Sciences (PSC)
This image was taken at Argonne’s Lab Fest … Read More »
- Nuclear Physics Applications at the University of Notre DameSeptember 25 - 3:30 pm
- Understanding Graphs through Spectral DensitiesSeptember 26 - 10:30 am
- Probing the Higgs Yukawa Couplings at the LHCSeptember 26 - 11:00 am
- New Combustion Synthesis Research Facility heats up high-throughput manufacturing of nanomaterialsSeptember 21, 2018
- Argonne announces Flame Spray Pyrolysis process for commodity-scale manufacture of nanomaterialsSeptember 21, 2018
- Nanoparticles for improving smart-window energy efficencySeptember 21, 2018
- RT @doescience : @ScienceUnderSec : . @Energy is committed to a strategic approach to the next steps in QIS. @DOEScience has unparalleled capa… 1 hour ago
- "Working in close collaboration with industry and academia, the national labs are ideal places to offer the intelle… https://t.co/4QQE0IL63N 1 hour ago