Starting Aug. 19, 2016, employees who access BlueJeans Meetings using Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari will be prompted to install the BlueJeans application on their computer desktop or use Google Chrome to view or host meetings. Computing and Information Systems (CIS) recommends downloading the app as it delivers a higher quality audio and video experience.
by Pete Spizzirri, Protection Programs Manager, Facilities Management and Services
This week Argonne has received multiple reports of Argonne employees being targeted by a voicemail phishing scam.
Per these reported cases, the scam caller says he/she is from a law enforcement or government agency and calls the Argonne employee by name. The caller then advises … Read More »
The Argonne Leadership Computing Facility is scheduled to receive delivery of the Theta computer system on Monday, June 27 and Tuesday, June 28, 2016. System components will arrive via tractor trailer through the East Gate at approximately 6:30 a.m. on Monday morning and will be temporarily housed for two days in the west end parking … Read More »
Computing and Information Systems (CIS) will be performing maintenance on the infrastructure that supports all Argonne business systems and web applications on Saturday, June 25, 2016, from 8 a.m. to noon.
Key elements of the network infrastructure will be upgraded as part of the Network Lifecycle project. This upgrade will build enhanced redundancy into the … Read More »
Building 240 will be closed to employees starting on Friday, June 17, 2016, due to a necessary power upgrade. Building engineers will begin powering down at 6 a.m. and the outage is expected to last two days. Current expectation is restoration of power sometime in the late afternoon or evening on Saturday, June 18, 2016.
… Read More »
In 1981, IBM’s first personal computer (PC) hit the market. The PC that fit on a desktop was a far cry from the jukebox-sized processors of the 1960s and a mile marker in the sprint for smaller, faster computers. That same year, Argonne researcher Paul Benioff theoretically validated how a new paradigm of computers based … Read More »
Argonne’s Women in Science and Technology (WIST) Program and the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF) present the second “Margaret Butler Celebration of Women in Computational Science and Nuclear Engineering.”
The celebration to honor Butler will take place Monday, June 6, 2016, from 1–5 p.m., at the Building 240 TCS Conference Center, Room 1416. … Read More »
On Monday, May 23, 2016, Box, the secure cloud-based file storage system, will feature a new update designed to provide increased security and data protection.
Employees who log in to Box, Box Sync, Box Edit or Box for Office with an Argonne username and password will not notice any change.
Employees who log in using … Read More »
The next IT maintenance weekend will occur 5 p.m., Friday, May 13, through 5 p.m., Sunday, May 15, 2016.
All services are expected to be online and available before the start of business at 7:30 a.m., Monday, May 16, 2016.
Employees who experience any problems after this maintenance window are asked to restart the affected … Read More »
The Downtown Futures Series presents “Big Data. Big City.” on Thursday, April 14, 2016, from 7:30-9:15 a.m. at the Columbia College Conaway Center, 1104 S. Wabash Ave., Chicago. The forum’s topic is, “Knowledge is power. What does the use of new data sets mean for the management of the future downtown?”
- Molecular Modeling of the Self-Assembly of Stimuli-Responsive Biopolymers and PolyelectrolytesSeptember 20 - 10:00 am
- Voltage-Induced Magnetic Switching: Toward the Limits of Energy Efficiency and Speed in Spintronic MemorySeptember 20 - 11:00 am
- Impact of Mechanical Stress on Lithium Dendrite GrowthSeptember 20 - 11:00 am
- Category 4 hurricane simulation devastated East Coast just months agoSeptember 18, 2018
- Benefits of Energy Sector Artificial IntelligenceSeptember 18, 2018
- Enhanced photosensors exploit wavelength-shifting properties of nanoparticlesSeptember 18, 2018
- 30 percent of a building's energy is lost through inefficient windows. That could if this new process is commercial… https://t.co/EYGDmbzQMH 4 hours ago
- RT @UChicago : #UChicago is partnering on an ambitious, @argonne -led, five-year mission to improve #energystorage technology: https://t.co/T… 12 hours ago