The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County may conduct prescribed fires in Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve. Read More
Although crosswalk reminder signs are meant to protect human pedestrians, drivers should stop for Canada geese as well. CEPA Senior Photographer Mark Lopez took this photo of a small gaggle crossing … Read More »
Senior Scientist David Streets (ES) took these photos of a pair of sandhill cranes near Building 362. The large, migratory birds are probably resting for at time before resuming their long trek south for the winter. Read More »
Tim Jonasson (ASD) photographed this robin’s nest on a Dewar at the Advanced Photon Source. Luckily for the robin family, the tank won’t be needed until the next shutdown in the summer, so the nest and its residents can remain undisturbed for now.
by Donna Jones Pelkie
The end of an era is near.
One white fallow deer remains on the Argonne site, and when this doe is gone, she will take a little bit of Argonne history with … Read More »
This dashcam video shows two close encounters with deer on Argonne’s roadways — one during the day and one at night. Read More »
Stephanie L. Kendzora (CEPA) snapped some photos in the early morning of Canadian Geese at the Building 201 Pond.
Read More »
Principal Control System Engineer Jeff Kirchman (XSD) took this camera phone picture of a turkey on Thursday, Nov. 12, 2015. Read More »
While not all deer-vehicle collisions can be prevented, there are steps that drivers can take to avoid an accident. The single best way to avoid an accident is to be aware of your surroundings and be on the lookout for deer. Read More »
- In Situ Studies of Lithium-Ion Batteries at Nanoscale: Morphology, Mechanics, and ElectrochemistryFebruary 23 - 2:00 pm
- Quark Matter in Neutron StarsFebruary 23 - 3:00 pm
- Argonne Table Tennis Club MeetingFebruary 23 - 5:30 pm
- Heating Up the Perfect NanodiamondFebruary 17, 2017
- Free STEMinar Series Features Dr. Amanda Petford-Long Feb. 23February 14, 2017
- Tiny, soft, transparent nanofabricated devices turned into ultrasensitive microphonesFebruary 14, 2017