Mark Hereld (MCS) spotted this mother crayfish near Building 240 recently. Note the hatchlings clinging to the underside of her tail.
The Argonne Fire Department and the … Read More »
Carolyn Steele (BIS) photographed this snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentina) near Building 201 on June 9, 2017. This is probably a female searching for a good nesting spot; it’s prime snapper laying season … Read More »
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County may conduct prescribed fires in Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve. Read More »
Although crosswalk reminder signs are meant to protect human pedestrians, drivers should stop for Canada geese as well. CEPA Senior Photographer Mark Lopez took this photo of a small gaggle crossing … Read More »
Senior Scientist David Streets (ES) took these photos of a pair of sandhill cranes near Building 362. The large, migratory birds are probably resting for at time before resuming their long trek south for the winter. Read More »
Tim Jonasson (ASD) photographed this robin’s nest on a Dewar at the Advanced Photon Source. Luckily for the robin family, the tank won’t be needed until the next shutdown in the summer, so the nest and its residents can remain undisturbed for now.
- Functional Materials: Potential and PromiseAugust 21 - 11:00 am
- Real-Time, AI-Assisted Flame Stability Analysis of Flame Spray PyrolysisAugust 21 - 2:00 pm
- Fog Computing: Beyond Mobile and Cloud-Centric Internet of ThingsAugust 21 - 2:00 pm
- RT @nanocarbon : Join our 4th Cohort of innovators! @CRIstartup will host the first of three webinars on August 28! Applications open Septe… 1 hour ago
- RT @federallabs : Show off your federal lab/agency's innovative R&D work by submitting your images to the 2020 FLC Planner! Research like @a … 1 hour ago