The Argonne Fire Department and the … Read More
Carolyn Steele (BIS) photographed this snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentina) near Building 201 on June 9, 2017. This is probably a female searching for a good nesting spot; it’s prime snapper laying season … Read More »
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County may conduct prescribed fires in Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve. Read More »
Although crosswalk reminder signs are meant to protect human pedestrians, drivers should stop for Canada geese as well. CEPA Senior Photographer Mark Lopez took this photo of a small gaggle crossing … Read More »
Senior Scientist David Streets (ES) took these photos of a pair of sandhill cranes near Building 362. The large, migratory birds are probably resting for at time before resuming their long trek south for the winter. Read More »
Tim Jonasson (ASD) photographed this robin’s nest on a Dewar at the Advanced Photon Source. Luckily for the robin family, the tank won’t be needed until the next shutdown in the summer, so the nest and its residents can remain undisturbed for now.
by Donna Jones Pelkie
The end of an era is near.
One white fallow deer remains on the Argonne site, and when this doe is gone, she will take a little bit of Argonne history with … Read More »
This dashcam video shows two close encounters with deer on Argonne’s roadways — one during the day and one at night. Read More »
- Quantum Oscillations and a Nontrivial Berry Phase in the Noncentrosymmetric Superconductor BiPdSeptember 20 - 11:00 am
- Physical Principles for Complex Energy Materials from Ab Initio Computational MethodsSeptember 20 - 11:00 am
- Choral Group RehearsalSeptember 20 - 11:45 am
- Mapping the Brain with the Theta SupercomputerSeptember 18, 2017
- COD Students Gain Real-World Experience at Argonne National LaboratorySeptember 18, 2017
- Research Could Uncover the Dynamic Mysteries of Metal Additive ManufacturingSeptember 13, 2017