Radon is an odorless, colorless radioactive gas that can seep into homes from the surrounding soil. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer deaths in the United States.
Abrasive wheel grinders use fast-spinning wheels to grind metals and other materials. The grinder wheel is fragile and if not treated properly, can fragment and fly apart in dangerous projectiles. Setup is critical to the safety of the operator.
A halogen lamp may not be as hot as a thousand suns, but it sure will feel that way if you accidentally touch one.
In 2014, Argonne experienced a safety incident in which a desktop halogen light melted a computer keyboard. Thankfully, the keyboard didn’t ignite, but it’s important to take precautions so that you … Read More »
By Betsy Dunn, Environment, Safety and Quality Assurance Director
At Argonne, safety is part of our culture. It is how we do work. It is how we think, plan and act. It keeps our work strong and enables us to create and innovate successfully, and it inspires confidence in our partners, peers and neighbors.
One … Read More »
- Accelerating Materials Design with Machine LearningMarch 25 - 10:30 am
- Next-Generation Robotics and Remote SystemsMarch 25 - 11:00 am
- Event Generators in Neutrino Oscillation and Cross-Section ExperimentsMarch 25 - 3:30 pm
- 20 Minutes with Zina Jarrahi-CinkerMarch 15, 2019
- Hydrogen From Water And SunMarch 7, 2019
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Joins Chicago Quantum ExchangeFebruary 28, 2019