The recent flood killed 13 people, damaged more than 60,000 homes and affected 106,000 people. More than 2,600 people remain in … Read More
Women in Science and Technology
The Women in Science and Technology (WIST) Program will host the Argonne Toastmasters Club #128 Friday, Aug. 26, 2016, at noon in Bldg. 201, Room 190 for a special First Friday Forum. Club members will provide an overview of Toastmasters and run a mock meeting so WIST members can see firsthand the fun … Read More »
The Women in Science and Technology (WIST) Program will host a First Friday Forum Friday, Aug. 5, 2016, at noon in the Bldg. 213 Cafeteria Private Dining Room.
This month’s First Friday Forum will feature a book discussion on What Works for Women at Work by Joan Williams. Argonne hosted a Director’s Special Seminar … Read More »
The Women in Science and Technology (WIST) Program will host a First Friday Forum Friday, July 15, 2016, at noon in the Bldg. 213 Cafeteria Private Dining Room. Andreas Roelofs (ACC) and Tona Kunz (CEP) will present on how the new Chain Reaction Innovations (CRI) program provides growth opportunities for scientists at Argonne.
Argonne’s … Read More »
The Women in Science and Technology program is excited to announce the return of TWIST (Tours of the Women in Science and Technology program) this July with an exploration of Argonne’s Educational Programs and its Learning Center capabilities.
The tour is scheduled for Tuesday, July 12, 2016, from noon to 1 p.m., in Building 360. … Read More »
Argonne’s Women in Science and Technology (WIST) Program and the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF) present the second “Margaret Butler Celebration of Women in Computational Science and Nuclear Engineering.”
The celebration to honor Butler will take place Monday, June 6, 2016, from 1–5 p.m., at the Building 240 TCS Conference Center, Room 1416. … Read More »
The Women in Science and Technology (WIST) Program and Argonne’s Leadership Institute are hosting a group viewing of the Women’s Leadership Edge webinar: “How Gender Impacts Negotiations & What We Should All Do About It.” The webinar screening will be held Wednesday, May 25, 2016, at Building 202, Room B-169 from 11 … Read More »
Physicist Lydia Finney (XSD) was recently appointed program initiator of the Women in Science and … Read More »
The Women in Science and Technology (WIST) Program will host a First Friday forum Thursday, May 5, 2016, at noon in Building 240 TCS Conference Center, Room 1416.
Lydia Finney (XSD) will be introduced as the new WIST Program Initiator. She is interested in hearing employees’ thoughts and will share with employees some … Read More »
- Learning Using Label Uncertainty and Partially Available Privileged Information: A New Machine Learning Model with Implications for Detection of Acute Respiratory Distress SyndromeFebruary 18 - 11:00 am
- The Current Status of Vud and the Top-Row CKM Unitarity Test: How Did We Get Here?February 18 - 3:30 pm
- The Impact of Quantum ComputingFebruary 19 - 11:00 am
- RT @NREL : Today @energy dedicated the ReCell Center at @argonne - their first advanced battery recycling center - and celebrated the launch… 4 hours ago
- "With @Py_ART , scientists can merge information from many types of radar whose data all come in different formats."… https://t.co/XmV2GWySaP 5 hours ago