Winter won’t let go
Don’t put away the winter coat and sensible treaded shoes just yet: along with rain, snow is possible again this week.
Rain is forecast today before a cold front sweeps in overnight and drops temperatures below freezing. The rain will likely change to snow before ending. Parking lots, sidewalks and building entrances are likely to be slippery Wednesday morning.
Rain and snow chances continue off and on through Thursday night.
To avoid slips and falls:
- Wear appropriate footwear: shoes or boots with non-skid soles. If you wear dress shoes, carry them with you and change once you are safely indoors.
- Watch for water on the floor near building entranceways. Report safety issues to ext. 2-2582 or to email@example.com.
- If it snows, use main entrances and walkways. Salt and deicing compounds work best in areas that are heavily used. When entering buildings, be aware of snow stuck in the soles of your shoes and wet floors.
- When using stairs, hold onto railings to maintain balance and avoid falls.
Behind the wheel:
- Slow down. Posted speed limits are for ideal travel conditions. Driving at reduced speeds is the best precautionary measure when driving on wet or snow-covered roads.
- Do not use cruise control.